The Digital Bridge Institute (DBI), Nigeria, has announced it is searching to hire a person with requisite qualifications, cognate experience, drive and vision as President/CEO for the Institute.
An international centre for excellence in ICT training, the Institute has Learning Centres spread across Nigeria and is about now refocusing to nurture development talents and innovators.
Full announcement from the Institute reads as:
APPOINTMENT OF PRESIDENT/CEO
The Governing Board of the Digital Bridge Institute (DBI), Nigeria, is seeking a person with requisite qualifications, cognate experience, drive and vision as President/CEO for the Institute.
Founded in 2004 to train skilled personnel, future leaders and innovators in the field of ICT, the DBI serves as a specialized ICT center of excellence. Its faculty incudes distinguished full-time and part-time instructors and researchers providing high quality instruction. The DBI has Learning Centres in Abuja, Lagos and Kano with additional centres to be commissioned shortly in Yola, Enugu and Asaba, all providing high-level executive and Innovation focused programs.
The President/CEO shall be committed to providing leadership for strategic planning, revenue generation, enrolment facilitation, corporate governance, and sustainability of the Institute. The appointed President/CEO will report to the Governing Board and be required to preserve existing relationships with the NCC, the Nigerian communication technology industry sector, international affiliates, partners, and collaborations.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
• A PhD or advanced university degree, preferably a Professor with relevant professional experience and competence in telecommunication engineering and/or in any field of study related to the ICT sector
• A deep knowledge of the Nigerian communication technology industry sector
• Demonstrate clear potentials for leadership in course facilitation and research
• A proven track record of scholarship in terms of a significant number of recognized peer-reviewed publications in relevant impact factor journals
• An excellent strategic vision and demonstrated ability to develop networks and manage relationships at high levels across academic and corporate communities
• Ability to manage an interdisciplinary environment, assemble and motivate a high-quality professional team of academics and non-academics
• A track record of strong management skills.
Applicants are expected not to have attained the age of 60 years at the time of application and the term of appointment will be four years with an option of renewal.
The Institute will pay a negotiated salary and benefits that are commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Qualified candidates should submit the following:
i. An application letter setting out briefly how they match the requirements for the job
ii. Copies of all certificates.
iii. A resume.
iv. Publications list.
v. Name/contact details of three (3) referees.
vi. A VISION AND KNOWHOW Document.
All applications will be treated in absolute confidence and same is expected of applicants.
Application should be sent electronically to Ag Administrator, Digital Bridge Institute, email@example.com not later than July 19, 2019.
For further information, please visit www.dbi.edu.ng
This announcement also appears as advert in newspapers on future dates.