Googlesearch ‘Nigeria+ghost workers+minister of finance’ and let’s compare notes:
My RESULTS 👇
1. OCTOBER 22, 2014
“FG Uncovers 60,000 Ghost Workers” – Finance Minister, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
“The federal government has uncovered a total of 60,000 ghost workers in federal establishments across the country following the staff audit of the federal government ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) on the implementation of the integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System (IPPIS).
The current number indicates a 20 cent increase over the 50,000 earlier announced, the coordinating minister for the economy (CME) and minister of finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala disclosed yesterday.”
2. DECEMBER 10, 2016
“FG saves N14b in eight months from ghost workers’ pay, says Finance Minister, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun
The federal government yesterday announced that it has saved N14 billion from the total pay of workers in eight months.
Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, said between March and October this year, the government ought to have expended N151 billion as salaries, but due to personnel audit it conducted on 33 agencies and parastatals, it found that 30,000 workers were non-existent; hence it ended up paying N137 billion for legitimate workers in the eight months, Adeosun disclosed.
She announced that the government has asked the 33 affected agencies to refund N450 billion to government, which in includes funds misused for other purposes.
3. FEBRUARY 1, 2020
The federal government of Nigeria says it has uncovered over 60,000 ghost workers on its payroll.
– The government said it discovered this while implementing its new (new?!!) Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS)
– Communications Minister Pantami said the discovery shows why employing of improved technology is necessary to governance and economic growth
4. MARCH 6, 2020
“Govt Uncovered 70,000 Ghost Workers”, Says Finance Minister Hadjia Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed
“IPPS system is eliminating ghost workers and very soon the nation would be free of ghost workers…..” – Finance Minister. Hadjia Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed
• What is this IPPS? (Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System). Is it not software for God’s sake?
• When exactly will this IPPS start producing result?
• When will 50,000; 60,000; 70,000 ghost workers stop appearing in FG’s nightmarish dreams?
Are we talking of crass naivety, genuine ignorance, or plain old fraud, here?